2024 VENDOR GUIDELINES AND APPLICATION
RESERVING A BOOTH / VENDOR APPROVAL
Thank you for your interest in becoming a vendor. Beans & Bananas' goal at all of its markets is to highlight Jackson creatives and businesses so please cross promote and encourage patronage. We work with organizers to create a mutually supportive environment.
We encourage your participation and have outlined the following procedures to make it enjoyable and profitable for you. Please read the information carefully and fill out the vendor application below. Application is not complete without payment. Booth space is limited and applications are reviewed on a first come, first served basis. Please note that Bean & Bananas will limit the number of vendors invited per category (ex; jewelry, candles, art work, etc.) due to spaces available in the market layout and fair sales ratios. All products and free materials sold or given away by the vendor must be disclosed on the application and approved prior to arrival. Bean & Bananas reserves the right to refuse any vendor.
- Market hours are listed with every market below in the application
- Market booth rental is $30.
- Booth spaces are limited to a 10’x10’ space. Any additional space requested must be approved by Bean & Bananas advance of the scheduled market date, additional space requested may be subject to additional fees as the discretion of Bean & Bananas. Use of generators is allowed only if the noise level produced does not interfere with interaction between vendors and shoppers. (“Quiet” models are recommended.)
- Tables, chairs, and tents are the responsibility of the vendor.
- Power will be limited and needs to be requested before the day of the market so we can best accommodate those needs.
- Vendors can display products on their tables facing the public, but not on the ground or in the back of vehicles. A 10’x10’ tent is REQUIRED unless otherwise approved by Bean & Bananas. Vendors are responsible for creating an attractive display and making their booths look professional. All tables should be covered with a tablecloth.
- Firearms and drugs are strictly forbidden. Bean & Bananas are non-smoking events.
- Promotional material for political agendas are not to be displayed, sold, or handed out in any capacity; including but not limited to: clothing, flags, books, signs, stickers, flyers, etc.
- No radios or other noise generating electronic devices should be used at the market.
- Vendors must stay for the entire market. Leaving before 3:00pm, the end of the market, is not allowed and could result in vendor expulsion from the market for the remainder of the year.
- Vendors are responsible for handling their own payments. This means that you or someone you trust will need to be present at your booth for the entire event since there will not be a central checkout.
- Booth rental fees are non-refundable. Failure to show for reserved space without prior notice to the Bean & Bananas will result in the denial of future booth rentals.
- Cancellation of market due to weather or other conflict is at the discretion of the Bean & Bananas. Booth fees may not be refunded based on the circumstances and at the market's discretion.
PROCEDURES FOR SET-UP
Vendors should complete setup during the hour prior to the market. Please see Bean & Bananas for your set up location. Out of courtesy for Belhaven Town Center business and their patrons, never impede the entrance to any business. Please ask Bean & Bananas to address inappropriately parked cars during setup.
The market is located on Manship Street between North Jefferson and North Street. The street will be Blocked off to traffic, however vendors will be permitted to park on the closed street to unload booth materials and set up. If additional time is needed, vendors must notify Bean & Bananas in advance. All setup must be completed and vendors must be ready for business at the start of each market. Vehicles must be moved out of the market area 15 minutes before the start of the market. Parking is available on parallel streets, the parking lot located on the corner of Carlisle and Jefferson behind the Terrace, or the parking lot located on the corner of North and Poplar behind the Laundry Market. Please leave parking spaces close to the market free for shoppers.
PROCEDURES FOR CLEAN-UP
Vendors must clean up their areas at the end of each market. Vendors should pack up the entire contents of their booth before pulling vehicles into the market area. For safety, please no vehicles are allowed into the market area until after the end of the market. All vendors should be clear of the area no later than 1 hour after the market. Vendors shall not use public trash receptacles for disposal of products, boxes, or other refuse, etc.
Please share, share, share on your socials, and be sure to tag Bean & Bananas (@beans.bananas) on Instagram and Facebook so we can hype you up! (We will also be doing featured business stories so please email us photos of your work you are bringing ASAP). Also, be sure to tag fellow businesses in your posts about the market because businesses supporting businesses is absolutely what we are all about.
Food vendors should check with the State Department of Health to ensure they have the proper licensing. Food vendors must send a copy of their food permit and a copy of liability insurance to firstname.lastname@example.org. Copies of your food permit should be displayed at your booth.
HOLD HARMLESS CLAUSE
All authorized vendors participating in the Bean & Bananas shall be individually responsible for any loss, personal injury, deaths, and/or damage that may occur as a result of the vendor’s negligence or that of its servants, agents, and employees. All vendors hereby agree to indemnify and save the Bean & Bananas and Belhaven Town Center harmless from any loss, cost, damages, and other expenses, including attorneys’ fees, suffered or incurred by the market by reason of the vendors’ negligence or that of its servants, agents, and employees, provided that the vendors shall not be responsible nor require to indemnify the market for negligence, its servants, agents and employees, Because no insurance is provided to participants in the market, each vendor must carry his/her own product liability insurance. If chosen to participate in market, Proof of Insurance will be required. At time of acceptance to the market, a Certificate of Insurance (COI) must be submitted via email with Bean & Bananas added as an additional insured on their policy. All documents should be sent to email@example.com.
Vendors at each market may appear in pictures taken for publication by Bean & Bananas employees, members, or the general public. By signing the application below, vendors agree to have themselves or their products photographed and printed in Bean & Bananas publications or posted on Bean & Bananas affiliated websites and social media outlets.
Upon occasion we receive requests for vendor contact information from journalists writing promotional articles for our market as well as customers interested in making direct purchases. By submitting the application below, vendors agree to the sharing of information as it relates to the promotion of the market or the vendor himself/herself.
If the market has to move to a rain plan or reschedule, we will let you know as soon as possible. In the event of rain, the event will be in the Laundry Market atrium with no tents. As always, due to the limited space we ask you to check in before setting up so we can assign spots to vendors.